• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3fff or 4ffff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave away my last can of 4F. I just prime with whatever I have in my horn. 2F or 3F works fine for me.

Many Klatch

Dumb question, using FF of FFF over FFFF do you use less prime? I tried using FFF and herd a fuse effect. Herd the frizzen then a hiss then the boom.

Thanks
Boswell

I just use what seems enough. I dont heap it up or pile it against the TH or anything. Sometimes try to see how little I can use and it is a bit surprising how little it can take and still be pretty reliable. I do tend to prick the TH but like lead vs leather flint wrap or blowing down the barrel there are different opinions about that as well.

Thanks Zonie just one lesson learned on this new flint road. Got lucky today and my local dealer,(45) miles got some Goex in. I bought 2 cans of 3fff for the new flintlock on its way and a can of 2ff for my Cabelas H :grin: awken.

Back