• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

3rd model dragoon stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SainthoodDenied

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm starting to search around for a Uberti 3rd model dragoon and have noticed nobody offers a stock for this model. Does the shoulder stock that Dixie and other places sell for the 1860 army also fit the dragoon?

Chad

Nope..the dragoon stock is wider to fit the wider frame of the dragoon pistol. Good luck on your search ..they are hard to find and cost quite a bit...the going rate seems to be at least %500.00 for the stock with the steel fittings, brass perhaps less. The stocks for the dragoons hav'nt been made for many years! Good luck in your search!

One of the reasons folks like the Uberti revolvers in the first place is the fit/finish of the entire line of guns.

I was told by Dixon's Muzzleloading in Kempton, PA that Uberti makes all the grips on my Walker one at a time, in sort of a custom fashion. I can't just pick up the phone and order a replacement set of grips and be sure to get a perfect fit.

I would therefore assume that you would need to spend some big mooola to find a set, possibly from an original Colt even.

Better-off buying the cattleman in C&B or in centerfire. It's a 1858 New Model Army...check the other thread for the info. For the price of a used, possibly not good fitting set of stocks, you can have a whole nuther boooomer!

All the best, Dave

A replica Dragoon stock with steel fittings sold on Ebay a few weeks ago for $800. Nice appreciation of a "non-collectable replica".

I saw one a few years back and it wasn't made for the 3rd but was Colt or Rem stock that had been fitted to the Dragoon, the place that did the work closed down when they lost the lease so I cant help more than that other than Im sure they didn't do much if anything to the gun itself, matbe a notch under the grips, but it did work rather well (also from time to time Dixie will get one in the used gun section you might try them, 800 that is killer! If I could pull my posting from around 3 yrs ago I could give you the name of a place that had the stocks for the other 2 for 150 or a bit under. Someone might know them here they have a Kastel now and do party stuff?,in Miss, and sell modren guns still I belive..something like McGee Maybe? Fred :hatsoff:

smokin .50 said:
One of the reasons folks like the Uberti revolvers in the first place is the fit/finish of the entire line of guns.

I was told by Dixon's Muzzleloading in Kempton, PA that Uberti makes all the grips on my Walker one at a time, in sort of a custom fashion. I can't just pick up the phone and order a replacement set of grips and be sure to get a perfect fit.

All the best, Dave
Dave, If it is an older Dragoon the grip might be different. But if it came from the new Uberti plant that Beretta build after acquiring Uberti everything is made on CNC machines but there is a big shop where the guns are hand tuned and assembled. So most replacements grips will fit. An impressive factory. :shocked2:

Latest posts

Back