• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

4 for 5 this morning!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got after them again this morning. I am trying to shoot off hand to get a better feel for my Kibler rifle. I killed three and knocked out another one that I couldn't find for the life of me. He seemed dead while he was falling but fell in some thick sawbriers and I must have not gotten in deep enough. I hate to lose them like that but I guess thats how it goes sometimes. Anyway, I missed one clean at about 35 steps. I could see his head looking around the tree at me. We seem to have a good number of squirrels this time, at least where Im hunting, and it is a welcomed sight!
I made a little peep sight that I put on with the tang bolt. It acts sort of like a ghost ring sight as I kept my rear sights on the gun. The rear sight fits perfect within the hole and it seems to focus everything to my eyes a little better. I head shot one and body shot the other two. You would think that a .40 would tear them to bits but it makes a hole in and a hole out with little damage.

Attachments

• IMG_1599.JPG
    IMG_1599.JPG
    267.1 KB
  • IMG_1600.JPG
    IMG_1600.JPG
    193.6 KB
Not really all that much wood in a SMR, so even wood as dense as ash isn't going to feel all that heavy. The swamped barrel gives it great balance as well no doubt.

Thanks fellas! I try and make my own stuff to add to the experience. From patches to bag and horn straps. I have a bag and a horn for every gun that I own now. I made a small haversack type bag that I put my squirrels in, it should hold 6 or so if I stuff them right (I got that idea from Spence) I even make my cleaning jags and needle oilers. Preparation is about as fun as hunting anymore.....almost

Latest posts

Back