• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.40 cal. Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Paskowski

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a .40 cal. Poorboy kit gun. My woodworking skills aren't the best(that's why I'm an electrician),so I'm looking for a kit that's good for a beginner. Something where my limited skills won't scare me off or make it a bad experience. Any recommendations?

order an in the white gun. You do the final sanding of the wood, browning of metal, polishing of the brass if any. it`s the best way to go for a beginner.

WV Dave,

Man you must have gotten bit real hard. First, a TC renegade, then possibly a Lyman Deerstalker, and now a .40 kit gun. What are you getting next week? Its a great addiction!

I grew up in the Eastern Panhandle, used to be the best deer hunting in the state.

Enjoy those new toys.

Latest posts

Back