• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.40 caliber deer loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat Trapper said:
Loyalist Dave said:
.380 wheel weight ball, and 60 grains of 3Fg..., we are required to use 60 grains minimum, no double ball loads allowed... so went to a much harder ball than all lead to ensure farthest penetration.

LD

Did ya get one?

Yes, by all means, post up the photos of deer you've taken with your .40cal and that load combination...details of distance, angle, results, etc.

Trapper; I'm shootn 50gr-3f w/395 PRB out of a Tennessee flinter i built. I've gone 3-for-3 in the last 2 seasons with it. Yardages were 45, 71, 55. All broadside, all standing, all pass throughs. The RB's are cast slightly harder than pure lead. Hope this helps. Buzzard

Loyalist Dave said:
.380 wheel weight ball, and 60 grains of 3Fg..., we are required to use 60 grains minimum, no double ball loads allowed... so went to a much harder ball than all lead to ensure farthest penetration.

LD

Are you going to post some pictures and more info on these .40 cal kills?????

Back