• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$40 underhammer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photog said:
Great guns GMWW! That brass one is stunning.

A set screw would be nice. Mine has a roll pin not a wedge pin. I will try to get a replacement wedge pin, and see if it is better. The guy I bought it from told me it was put together with parts, so maybe the original pin was lost. Gun Parts Corp has the pin, so I may order it from them.

Glad you like the Brass Underhammer. It's actually something John Taylor made for himself. I happen to have it because I finished the stock for him. I still need to get it out to the range and see how she shoots. But John is the man if you want a customized underhammer. Like someone posted before. Deer Creek will sell you the components to build the action and stock.

if you get too much blow out from the nipple, check to make sure its not burned out. WK1

As you can see lots of UHs here! GMWW you just knock me over with the work you put in them, I never even get to polish the frame on the latest one (bore size) and I was off to another one :rotf: Like will that 62 g or 12 g ball get 600 yards across the lake.. Johns 2 he built for us is really something, with the big barrel and big scope its really a head spliter at 500 yards with a 500 gr slug( you don't need a bunch of powder with a heavy slug the weight will get down range real well.) If I could just get out of this bed! :cursing: Gun Parts has a new tapper pin for yours if you get it lose. Fred :hatsoff:

How about 765 525 6181. Dont have E Part but its that or E Gun Parts for the pins. Fred :hatsoff:

Hey Glenn hows that top rifle sigt work?? , it's a bit far away, but I'vee had trouble with mine to on the "Heavy" (heck the barrel was so "heavy it broke the spring :rotf: :rotf:). Anyway Ive moved that old type sight up and back and still can't get a sight pic. Fred :hatsoff:

Photog , why you should just grab that Guy by both Ears and kiss him right on the mouth give you a deal like that :haha: :haha: he is sure-nuff a nice guy and ya got a great! deal.

Old Ford , I am thinking the spacer between barrel and action is taking up the slack because the barrel isn't threaded deep enough i am putting a 50 cal gm barrel 3/4 plug on a action now and that is the problem when plug bottoms out still need to slide barrel forward to fit nipple close to end of plug, any one got a .065 spacer laying around :haha: but the spacer will stay with the barrel when changed to another barrel and breech plug it may take a diff size spacer or no spacer .

That Williams sight works great! I can't complain. I can go from V sight to peep sight with this set up. I can even unscrew the rear aperture and use the rear as a ghost ring.

Unless shotas a ghost ring my eyes couldnt even find it if its not in my face Glenn.. :rotf: Fred :hatsoff:

You can get taper pins from True Value Hardware. They will be longer than needed but that is a good thing, you drive it in tight and cut off the excess. The pins will be too hard to cut with a hacksaw, you'll have to grind it down to length or use a cut-off wheel on a Dremel tool. The taper pin is the way to go as it will keep the barrel tight to the frame with no wiggle and is easier to remove and replace compared to the set screws.

Latest posts

Back