• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.44 navy Conversion (Again)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catfish33

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Sent this e-mail to R&D and am awaiting their reply. "Is it true that you will soon be offering such a thing (http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...temid=967945)?
I would love to have one but fail to see how this is possible. Please tell me this is true. And can you tell me how you are getting it to work with out wiping out the ratchet on the cylinder. Thanks in advance. Eagerly awaiting your reply." Also sent them this e-mail to answer another question I had a while back. "1851 Pietta .44 Navy and 1860 Pietta .44 Army Cylinders. I have been told by a few people that these cylinders are indeed the same. I am just wondering why (if not) the .44 Army conversion would not work on the .44 Navy? Thanks in advance. Eagerly awaiting your reply.

Here is the reply I recieved from R&D.
"We make our cylinders specifically for the particular revolver they fit. We do not promote cylinders being interchanged in other models. If you want to buy one and try it that is your decision and we are not liable and the cylinders are not returnable.
The 1860 gated conversion kit should be available for purchase is approximately 60 days. The process of the gated conversion kit is a patented process they we will not divulge.
Thank you for your interest.
Jennifer
R & D Gun Shop"

About what I figured from them. They have to cover their asses. I am surprised there is no return on their cylinder conversions. I sent a similar question directly to Pietta. We will see what they say.

Here is the Reply I got from Pietta. "Yes correct
the best regards,
F.lli Pietta " WOO HOO :g

Latest posts

Back