• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 cal pistol questions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smokeblower

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have knowledge on a .45 single shot pistol marked
"Dikar Spain .45 cal Black Powder only" on the barrel. The hammer and lock plate are made from a cast metal. Everything appears to be of lower quality than any gun I have owned. It shoots well, as well as a eight inch barrel can do. This brand is unknown to me and those I shoot with. Is it a safe shooter is my prime question. I have next to nothing in it so it could hang on the wall. Thanks in advance.

smokeblower
"sweating and shooting in W.TN"

Smokeblower, I've heard of a Spanish maker "Jukar"...could this be it? All comments are that they are low quality, but I've never heard of any talk about them being dangerous...Hank

It is marked Dikar, I have seen Jukar products, we call them Junk-ars, this one is along the same quality line. It has a serial number so it is not a drilled non-firing replica. If someone will tell this computer idiot how to post a picture I will scan a picture of the pistol.
"blowing smoke in W.TN"

Hello there from Germany,
im reading here for quite a few months now. And let me tell you, im enjoying it everytime (sorry for bad english, schools out for some years...).

Ok, whats Dikar?
Simple Answer:Dikar is the brand Connecticut Valley Arms is distributed here in Europe. With an eight inch barrel it should be the same gun I own > The Kentucky Pistol. I also own a Dikar Hawken Rfle, both from Kits, both not best quality (especially the screws), but nice looking at the wall. Shooting is a little Problem here, so I never tried them out. Its such a hard and expensive way to get all permittances you need here, so I have decided to keep legal without owning Powder.

I hope this was a little helpful,

Thomas

Stimpy c. cat: Thank you for the information.

It is too bad that the permits are such a problem for you.
That is why those of us who shoot here in the USA are against similar Government laws.
They don't reduce crime and only make things hard for the honest people.
Thanks again!
:)

ren-n-stimpy.gif

Welcome Stimpy C. Cat!

Glad to have you here. Your English (American?) is excellent! Mein Deutsch bissen der Wiesel.

Pity about the powder.

Hi all!
thank you very much for your kind welcome! I was moving the last 3 weeks, so I didnt come to anything. So im really sorry for my late answer...

Im happy the Information was helpful for you.

By the way, I have managed to find a nearby shooting range(club), which is only shooting Blackpowder. Im hoping our laws are allowing me to shoot there. Just for trying out my Hawken. At the moment im waiting for an answer from the club. Wish me well...:)

@Stumpkiller: Happy happy joy joy makes every bad day loads of better :). If u are interested in a mp3 (Tv-Rip) of the song, let me know ;)

Kind regards,
Thomas

I also have a Dikar .45 pistol with 6 inch barrel, just bought it from a pawn shop for $35. Looks like it has never been fired.

I was reading through The Complete Black Powder Handbook, by Sam Fadala, and it looks almost excactly like the CVA's "Little Colonial pistol" on page 197.

I'd like to shoot it sometime soon. Or, it can always go on the wall.

Enjoy yours

Pete

Latest posts

Back