• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 cal squirrel hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've also used a empty .45 colt case full of ffg in my .50 t/c Hawken under a prb as a squirrel load. Worked good. Tried barking a squirrel with a load of 90 grains of ffg under a prb. Squirrel looked like a oak hand grenade exploded under him. watch yer top knot

LuieB,

Here's an old pic from last year. Head shots shouldnt be a problem, if you know your rifle. In the west, at elevation, the squirrels are rather small. you can body shoot them and just take the hind legs, where all the meat is -- no gutting, quick and easy meat gathering. But if they be bigger, and meatier, then do this:

65 gr.3F, .440 RB at about 30 yds.

Scout-AlderCreek017.jpg

:v

Nice looking rifle wish I had one.
:(

Back