• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

45 flintlock for squirrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hunted squirrels with my 50 cal TC and then my 50 cal Pedersoli Kentucky. Then PA decided that shooting at squirrels with anthing over 40 cal was too dangerous. There were plenty of hunters during the early muzzleloader season for deer that would shoot squirrels. i wonder if that had anything to do with it? When i called the game commission to ask why they banned anything over 40 cal all the fellow on the other end of the phone was that they were shooting at squirrels with 50 cals. he kept repeating it with excitement in his voice, he must have equated a 50 cal with a 50BMG!

I hunted squirrels with my 50 cal TC and then my 50 cal Pedersoli Kentucky. Then PA decided that shooting at squirrels with anthing over 40 cal was too dangerous. There were plenty of hunters during the early muzzleloader season for deer that would shoot squirrels. i wonder if that had anything to do with it? When i called the game commission to ask why they banned anything over 40 cal all the fellow on the other end of the phone was that they were shooting at squirrels with 50 cals. he kept repeating it with excitement in his voice, he must have equated a 50 cal with a 50BMG!
Always a shame when those who are running the show have no clue whatsoever. The only thing I can see is possibly careless "deer hunters "firing at treed squirrels without thinking of other hunters in the woods.

Last edited:
Back