• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.45 Pedersoli

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Acorn, I really agree with that. I had a futile and fruitless effort to find a replacement for it. Thanks for the observations.

In Ohio the smallest you can use is .38. I killed a deer with my .45 TC Sencea RB and 40grs 3ff,about 40yrds. Another one was killed with it,my buddys first MLing deer and a real trophy with 55grs 3ff RB, this gun will not shot a long bullet for some reason. WE tried, no avail. This deer was 35yrds. He had it mounted and would of bought my gun if I said yes. I still have it. My grandson(13) took first place in Nov with it at his first shoot. I got it in 83. I took two seconds with it using the .36 barrel. .45 is a wicked groundhog gun. On deer jest don't strech the barrel to much, keep the shots closer. On my other .45 guns I like 70grs 3ff for deer. Dilly

That sounds like my .32 blue Ridge. Guess mine wasn't the only the only bad one. I found the manmade flints to last longer. You have to retouch them with a misty wheel or diamond file. Would be a nice gun If had a good lock. Dilly

"this gun will not shot a long bullet for some reason.'

Doesn't look like you needed one, most "traditiona;" MLs are used with the traditional projectile PRB, though conicals were used in the past they were mostly military and from the 1850 period and on, the same time the cartridge guns were being made.

Back