• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

50 cal Lyman GPR target loads

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"In the wedding section of a Wal-Mart crafts department, you can find plastic-tubes filled with soapy water and an o-shaped device to produce bubbles. 1 pack is 48 tubes ~$9.50."

Went to Wallyworld and checked these out...GREAT IDEA :agree: THANKS

I'm hooked, finally went out today and shot my new 50 cal Lefthanded GPR today... It is GREAT.. it shoots a whole lot better than I can. 40 gr pyro w/490 ball benches less than 1 inch at 25 yds... standing no support 3 out of 5 in 3 inch other 2 expand it to 6 inches.. I expect it to improve with lots of practice.. :front:

Grandpa C: Good for you! Now, don't be afraid to play with the powder charge a little.
These guns are individuals. Each one has one load it will like much better than the other loads. That's one of the things that makes shooting muzzleloaders fun.
My .50 GPR seems to like 70 grains of Swiss FFg. That doesn't mean yours will, but I'm betting that somewhere there is a load for your gun that will put all of the balls thru a 1 inch dia circle at 25 yards. :) :)

I'm hooked, finally went out today and shot my new 50 cal Lefthanded GPR today...

Dang, I'm jealous. I wanted to go shoot my new 50 cal. left-hand GPR today, too, but I couldn't. :cry:

Back