• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

54 barel in a 50 T/C Hawkens stock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d.thomson

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I was wondering if the 54 cal barel will drop into the 50 cal T/C stock . I have a chance to buy a 54 T/C for about $100 Can. but it is mising its sites (gun in good con) If it drops in I might pick it up and have two guns to work with . Any ideas thanks Dave.

fisher king said:
I was wondering if the 54 cal barel will drop into the 50 cal T/C stock . I have a chance to buy a 54 T/C for about $100 Can. but it is mising its sites (gun in good con) If it drops in I might pick it up and have two guns to work with . Any ideas thanks Dave.
If you're talking about a .50cal TC Hawken stock, no...the 15/16" Hawken is for the smaller barreled .45/.50cals.

The .54/.58cals are 1" barrels and take the larger size Hawken stock.

However, GM makes a .54cal in a 15/16" drop-in for the Hawken...I have it in a Flint smoothbore and it's excellent...you could get the .54cal smoothbore so you'd have both shot and PRB capability...or just get the .54cal rifled version

Won't work if it's a Hawken, 50's are 15/16" across the flats and 54's are 1".

I seem to remember that the TC Renegade in both 50 and 54 has 1" barrel. I am not at home to check mine right now though. Some folks call all half stocks a "Hawken". Not sure what your exact situation is.

Back