• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 54 cal CVA Mountain Rifle (Sold Pending Funds)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Nice condition 54 cal Percussion CVA Mountain Rifle. 32 inch barrel (good bore), nice wood ( no cracks, a few handling scratches), browned barrel and trigger guard, pewter forend cap, properly functioning set trigger system. Really an attractive good shooting rifle! Asking $500 plus $25 for shipping…….Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_7639.jpeg
    IMG_7639.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7640.jpeg
    IMG_7640.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7641.jpeg
    IMG_7641.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7642.jpeg
    IMG_7642.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7643.jpeg
    IMG_7643.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7644.jpeg
    IMG_7644.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7646.jpeg
    IMG_7646.jpeg
    962.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7647.jpeg
    IMG_7647.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7648.jpeg
    IMG_7648.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_7650.jpeg
    IMG_7650.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Just makes me wonder what the other 30" look like.
As best as I can shine a light down the barrel, it looks consistently the same. But I don’t know how to really see all the way down. Anyway, it’s a nice looking rifle with nice looking wood and at the very worst has at least a fair bore. Bore is not pitted. Make me a fair reasonable offer if you’re interested……thanks.

As best as I can shine a light down the barrel, it looks consistently the same. But I don’t know how to really see all the way down. Anyway, it’s a nice looking rifle with nice looking wood and at the very worst has at least a fair bore. Bore is not pitted. Make me a fair reasonable offer if you’re interested……thanks.
Drop a AAA battery down the bore and take a photo.
NW

Just makes me wonder what the other 30" look like.
If I needed a .54 M.L. I would jump on this one! That crown shows no wear at all and I have never seen a rifle that looked that good at the crown that wasn't the same through out the barrel. I do like to look at the rest of the barrel but even if for some unsual reason you have to replace the barrel its not a bad deal?

An honest, reasonable reply. Thank you. Looks like I am now too late. I have a .45 and two .50 MRs, and think highly of them. I see someone jumped on it. I guess I'm letting myself get a bit gun-shy after following that BURNED thread.

Back