• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.54 GPR Flint

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Charlie

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I got the .54 GPR out today. I have drilled the touch hole out to one sixteenth. I found if I kept a large size paper clip in the hole while loading I got very fast ignition. I ran about forty ball through her. I still have to do something about the sights have filed the rear sight to widen it. But it needs more and I am not sure if that will do it for these old eyes.
Old Charlie

You would'nt know what size front sight comes on the GPR would you? I have looked at TOTW website for front sights but do not know which fits right. Thanks.

Someone on another forum told me you can change out the sites from a Thompson Center .54 caliber to a Lyman rifle. Has anyone else heard that or tried that?

According to the Dixie catalog the T/C dovetail for the front sight is 3/8". They don't have a dovetailed rear sight on the T/C Hawken.

Back