• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

6 Bore On Gunbroker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made for the african trade, probably in the late 19th or early 20th century. I wouldn't give $25 for it.

These were made in the early 1960's. I owned a similar one in .54 with slimmer demensions. It was listed in the Dixie catalog in the early 60's. Mine had a two-piece, coil spring lock and a frizzen that wouldn't spark. I would not shoot it. The muzzle on mine wasn't even cut off straight. It's a den decorator - I promise!!! Just my opinion from my experience. :shocked2:

i had one that was a dixie import, probably a 4 bore, i would guess made in the early 1900's. i bought it at an auction, appeared unfired. barrel walls looked thin, and i was scared to fire i. took it to a gunshow and sold it a couple years later . paid about 90.00 and sold it for 140.00.
i did recently acquire a british 6 bore double [percussion] smoothbore. it is very solid and well made, weighs about 14.5 pounds. when the weather warms up, i will try it. have already gotten wads, etc fro track.

Have you followed this auction? This clunker is up to $856.00 now. Not bad for a modern made cheapie that Stoeger's probably sold for $20.00 in the 1940s! There's one born every minute....

It makes me feel alot better about a few mistakes of this nature(though not nearly this big!!)I've made in the past. There is definately a learning curve to be dealt with, hence the "caveat emptor"
on GB's listings. I'm always wary of any gun that is lsted AS IS, NO REFUNDS, even if I think I know enough about it to post a minimal bid. The guy who bought this gun is apparently a first time buyer.

I disagree with Mike Brooks on this one. I would give $35 for it, but $1,500 ouch.

I think this is a case of neither the buyer or the seller knowing what the gun was. Still, it is difficult to believe that the buyer had much competition for this gun, so he must have wanted it very badly indeed!

Back