• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

60 year antelope 2024

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on a successful hunt and a great story! Seeing 1964 in your younger self picture caused me to pause and reflect for awhile. That is a special year for me as I am sure it is for you also. I started first grade in August and turned 7 that December. I still have the Bible my great grandmother gave me that Christmas, and like all the other boys I got a GI Joe for Christmas. My favorite car is a 64 Impala. And less we forget Fess Parker started playing Daniel Boone on tv that year. I doubt I would be in this hobby if it weren't for him and Ed Ames. My dad left home 2 days after my 10th birthday in December 67. My great aunt told me as a boy growing up that young boys needed to hunt with an experienced hunter to learn from them. I never had that, hence all the mistakes I made the few times I did get to hunt as I got older, but I enjoyed my time alone in the woods and still do whenever I get the chance to go. Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you for your response. '64 was an important year for me also. That year we began hand loading our ammo, which ultimately led me to muzzleloading. I collected my first mule deer buck, a 4-point (western count), a couple months after this antelope hunt. Our hunting vehicle at the time was a '51 Chevy pickup, It took us all over Idaho on many outings. My dad was always teaching us and put our success ahead of his own. It was a good time to grow up.

Back