• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.62 cal. barrel size.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripshod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I would like to know if a .62 cal is to large for a 1 inch across the flats barrel?Thanks in advance.Ripshod

I have several barrels in 62 cal 2 Green mountain 1 Rice 2 Colerain all are 1" across the flat and 32" and longer all drop into a T/C Renegade. Are you looking for a drop in or are you having a barrel re-bored? 1" barrel will support a 62 cal.

Bob Hoyt bored my 1.25" tapered to 1" barrel out from a .54 to a .62 caliber. The issue, as he explained on the phone, is how much meat there is to work with for the breech plug and threads. I would have the barrel-smith look at it and make that judgment call. Otherwise, from what Hoyt explained, there should be enough metal for you to do it.

I have a 1" that shoots a .610 patched ball just fine using 150FF Goex......but 80 to 125FF is nicer to shoot. :grin:

Makeumsmoke could you tell me where you purchased the flint breech plug to do your conversions?

Back