• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

69 Round Ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been trying to find some good old .69 round ball. Haven't had much success. Anyone know where to get some?
This is right off tracks site
Note the price
You can get a mould for about $60
And lead at less then $5 delivered
IMG_6571.png

I use 690 round balls in my tingly shotgun. I sent my mold to Finland with a trade gun I sold to Kari or I would offer to cast you some. They really do a number on what ever you hit.

Try Rush Creek Roundballs or Eddie May down in Georgia..

Eddie May Cast Round Balls
159 Ridley Rd.
Chatsworth, GA. 30705
706-581-8225
Thanks, I ordered from him years ago. Forgot all about him, I'll give him a call.

Are you looking for .690" diameter ball, or ball that is suitable for a .690" bore?
That's a good question. I realized last night that I needed to measure the barrel opening and order the appropriate size. It's .69 Cal, so looking for a ball that is sized for that caliber.

For what they charge for precast round balls you could buy a mold for less than the price of two hundred balls. For smoothbores you can use almost any salvaged lead.

That's a good question. I realized last night that I needed to measure the barrel opening and order the appropriate size. It's .69 Cal, so looking for a ball that is sized for that caliber.
A .69 smooth will need a ball about .667 or smaller down to .64- for paper cartridge
Track handles that sive too
Lee might make one that big, Lyman are about a hundred bucks for mould and handles are separate. Buffalo arms and Roto metal sells lead

Back