• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

7 months wait worth every second....TVM Lancaster

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the pictures! That is indeed a nice rifle. It definitely is good enough advertising for TVM that some may well get huffy and denounce you as a paid shill. :grin: :wink:

I've dealt with TVM in the past, and I agree with you 100% on their customer service. They are great folks and do their best to make customers happy. From this post, it looks like they've succeeded once again.

Really nice long rifle. I've been looking to order a rifle from TVM because of all the outstanding comments I've heard about them. Your post and especially the pictures have really convinced me. I'm headed to the phone now!!!

I understand your emotions. I felt exactly the same way when I received my two from Matt. The greatest people in the world to deal with.

To Matt: as they say in the movies "I'll be back"
(I don't remember what movie??)

Vern

You guys are KILLIN' me!! I want an early Virginia or Lancaster so bad and it will be at least a year to save up for it. :cursing: Oh well, at least I'm learning a lot in the meantime.

Jeff

This may well be the best example of Matt's skill I have seen to date!! Obviously much thought on your part went into the planning of this rifle. You should be very proud of your new arm. I even like the color of the wood. Often Matt's guns have too red of a tone in the maple for my taste but your's takes on a much deeper, richer color which appeals to my eye. Did you plan the carving or did you give the smith a free hand? I've been in the cash accumilation stage for some time and have just about arrived at my goal. A left hand version of yours is what I have in mind.

Snow

Snow on the Roof said:
This may well be the best example of Matt's skill I have seen to date!! Obviously much thought on your part went into the planning of this rifle. You should be very proud of your new arm. I even like the color of the wood. Often Matt's guns have too red of a tone in the maple for my taste but your's takes on a much deeper tone which appeals to my eye. Did you plan the carving or did you give the Smith a free hand? I've been in the cash accumilation stage for some time and have just about arrived at my goal. A left hand version of yours is what I have in mind.

Snow

I planned the carving and sent Toni pictures of the layout which Richard copied perfectly! I couldn't be happier with the gun honestly, from the aesthetics to the performance (obviously!)
They even engraved the star inlay exactly as I requested.

I also specifically asked Matt to give it a darker brown "Lancaster" style finish and not a finish with a reddish tone and it's exactly what I had in mind.

I changed my mind a few times on lock and barrel choice while I settled on exactly what I wanted, and Toni was more than happy to accomodate....
When I was finally done I had precisely the rifle that I wanted but also one that I think does the category of "Lancaster" justice.

Thank you all for the compliments, I just made the suggestions, picked the components,carving and inlay that I wanted, and paid the bill....Matt and Richard and Toni did the rest. :applause:

Thanks for posting those excellent photos of a drop-dead gorgeous rifle!! Love the wood, the Lancaster-look, the caliber, everything about it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BullRunBear said:
You guys are KILLIN' me!! I want an early Virginia or Lancaster so bad and it will be at least a year to save up for it. :cursing: Oh well, at least I'm learning a lot in the meantime.

Jeff

You'll have the better part of a year to wait.....
Get in line when your 7-8 months out and the $$ you saved will collide with the finished gun. :wink:

That is just beautiful. Not too ornate, not too plain. I'd be very proud to call it mine. Thanks for the great pix!

tac
Supporter of the Cape Meares Lighthouse Restoration Fund - NOW with its replacement exterior windows!!!!!

Congrats Matt, thanks for posting the information. Two weeks ago I sent my deposit in on an Early Lancaster to TVM,includes the swamped barrel and super premium maple. Your post helps me understand what I can expect. I appreciate your post more than you can know. Now I have to wipe the drool off! :grin:

Latest posts

Back