• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

75 cal. side hammer.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Just finished building this 75 cal with a swinging side lock.
Hope ya like it. Has a 20 inch bore.

finished4-1.jpg

finished2-1.jpg

finished3-1.jpg

finished5.jpg

finished1-1.jpg

barrel-lock.jpg

lock2.jpg

75lock1.jpg

:thumbsup: Yeah, what Davy said. You never cease to amage me. Keep it up :bow: :hatsoff: :thumbsup:

Jac S. Muell

Thanks guys, I drilled the barel on the lathe with a extended drill bit. Have three inches of solid behing the bore. Davy told me they have such a thing called a mules ear, never heard of such a thing till now. I`ll call mine the mouse trap. :haha:

Nice job. Pioneer Arms Co. 355 Lawwrence RD. Broomall. Pa. Sells them, Mule Ear Locks. It is in the Links here. Dilly

Wow. I'm really impressed. Looks like the barrel is pretty heavy, so there shouldn't be much recoil. I think you'll like the .75 caliber. More smoke and noise. :hatsoff:

Thanks, I have another 75 Hakenbuchse that I made also and liked it so well I had to make this one in percussion. The wood is stained birch.

:thumbsup: When are you going to give the "mousetrap" it's baptism of fire?

:)

Jac S. Muell

Pitchy,

I think you nailed the profile of the butt of the gonne. I like it better than the one on my snaphaunce.

Bioprof

If ya mean this one I didn`t have anything in mind just drew it on the 2x6. That gun of yours is very nice. :thumbsup:

Pretty soon we will have a thread called Pitchys Corner .. I think mebeeso! :hmm: :grin:

Davy

Very impressive. :thumbsup:

Does that have a sliding bar trigger?

What is the weight of your creation?

Well now, that's pretty clever! Hey Lenn, do you have a building just for storing all these creations of yours?? Emery

Musketman said:
Very impressive. :thumbsup:

Does that have a sliding bar trigger?

What is the weight of your creation?

Yep, sliding bar, when ya shoulder the gun your index finger rests right on the bar peg.
Weighs 8 1/2 pounds. Thanks.
mazo kid, i`m in need of more room. :redface:

I`m thinking about a ladder site on that flat spot behind the barrel.

Lenn , yer gonna have to add on a gonne room soon :thumbsup:

That is way awesome :hatsoff:

Back