• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A few progress photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehoff

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Thought I post a few progress photos of my Christian's Springs style rifle. She's based partial on RCA Vol.1 no. 43 with some features from other Christian's Springs rifles.

Picture1356.jpg

Picture1504.jpg

Picture1506.jpg

Picture1507.jpg

lookin good - thanks for the pics !

your shop looks way too clean....
... but that tipped-over jar of inletting black is a step in the right direction :haha:

Thanks for the kind words.

My shops a little messier than you think thats the good thing about digital photos you can crop out the mess!

Very nice so far, but you will do better if you do any carving after the entire stock is finish sanded, or scraped. You can leave the wood a tad high behind the cheek, but the rest should be to the finished shape and dimensions.

looks great wish i had the skill to do a stock like that I will be starting with pre shaped maybe some day

Latest posts

Back