• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A first with my .45 flintlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mongo40

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Had a good time walking the woods Sunday evening with my brother, he got on one side of the creek an I on the other, I'd walk till I saw a nice log then set a bit looking for squirrels, made my way down a bit an could hear some barking down next to the creek so eased down there an stood behind a tree for little bit an two reds were playing chase up in this old tree barking an running around, one finally stopped an set up to look around an the flintlock barked. Was a good day.

1stsquirrelwithflintlock.jpg

Thanks Swampy, don't know why it didn't post the pic for me. Sorry about the crappy pic but it was getting dark an my Iphone doesn't do well in low light.

The front image tag was wrong, and had some other size info added in front too...just needed to be:

Congratulations on the squirrel hunt!

:thumbsup:

Sounds like a great time and congrats on getting a rifle with the lock on correctly!
Macon

Trench I shoot 40gr of 3F in it, when looking for squirrels or target shooting.

Back