• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A great day for rabbits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video however, I must warn you that loading a double gun thus is extremely dangerous!
To often the users chin was over the muzzles!
A much safer drill is to have the gun between the legs, locks to the rear. Grip the barrels between the knees.
The muzzles and barrels will not point at the loader this way.

Good video however, I must warn you that loading a double gun thus is extremely dangerous!
To often the users chin was over the muzzles!
A much safer drill is to have the gun between the legs, locks to the rear. Grip the barrels between the knees.
The muzzles and barrels will not point at the loader this way.
Without caps on it??

Without caps on it??

When I began this MZLDER journey 35 years ago that drill Britsmoothy speaks of was 'drilled' into us with authority. It was repeatedly spoken of where there have been times when a smoldering breech lights the fresh powder when air is compressed down the bore when ramming the ball, or possibly shot, down the barrel.
Another example was relayed in writing where the author was interviewing survivors of fatal muzzleloading accidents. An older woman told the writer that as children her older brother of 13 years young grabbed the family squirrel rifle to shoot a marauding tomcat. He didn't know if the rifle was loaded so to find out he started to blow down the barrel using his big toe to cock back the hammer while putting his mouth to the muzzle. His toe slipped off the partially cocked hammer, which hit the UNCAPPED nipple. Here is where I learned something, residual primer compound can rim the top of the nipple, causing a spark, which in that unfortunate case had done. The woman, though very aged by the time of the interview, still shuddered and sobbed when recalling the effect that little round ball had on her brother's head.

Because of these lessons I always turn my rifle away from my head to load every single time, resting the butt on my boot for support. I also use the hole in the round headed bullet starter to run the ramrod home when seating the ball. The reasoning behind this in the event of a discharge the round starter has a better chance to push the hand out of the way of the ramrod and ball/bullet. Hope I never have to find out.

Admins, please shut'r down.
This was a video I shared of a rabbit hunt, not ment to be turned into a gun safety class.
Thanks!

Watched your video last night as a subscriber Brian. REALLY enjoyed it! We chase rabbits here in Indiana with our beagles, front stuffers in hand. Lots of laid back fun. You're blessed with a lot of rabbits, I see. Happy for you.

Keep the videos coming please!

Best regards, Skychief

Back