• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A great day for rabbits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video however, I must warn you that loading a double gun thus is extremely dangerous!
To often the users chin was over the muzzles!
A much safer drill is to have the gun between the legs, locks to the rear. Grip the barrels between the knees.
The muzzles and barrels will not point at the loader this way.
My sentiments entirely,Brit..& ALWAYS un cap the un shot barrel if your using a double gun..OLD DOG..

I loved your video. It brought me back 50 years ago when I would be hunting the fields of Louisiana.

Thank you so much.

Great video, enjoyed the dogs so much.
You could tell everyone ( dogs included) had a fun day hunting together. It’s been a long time since I had a day like that. For me a cigar and a drink would be appropriate right there at your truck with all and savor the moment.
I give you 5 Stars

I don't know of any sound that pleases me more than to hear beagles running a rabbit. It bring a lot of satisfaction to my ears and to use M.L.shotguns to hunt with is the icing on top of the cake!
More than A beagle or two is a pack of say 10 couples running PUSS (A brown hare) across 3 or 400 acres of autumn plow and stubble.Alas gone since one of our peoples Green friendly gov's put the bar up so that more townies (who do not know the ways of the country) could go out and HUG trees. In Hare country it was a method of selectively thinning out the high population based on the Servival of the fittest..We just have a replacement--Ilegals running coursing meetings at night on land without sanction.. OLD DOG..The Huntsmen were in traditional dress--Wite breaches, long socks,running boots and the Hunts blazer colour with either tyes or neck stocks.Tying a stock that stay tidy all day covered in persperation is an art in itself. Same as Fox hunting.. In the distant past I have been out on the Outmarsh when 150/200 hares were Shot. No longer for me. Them as shoots 'em carrise 'em .At 8 lbs a throw 2's enough.. O.D.

Last edited:
Looks like fun!! What did you do with the deer rack?
Thanks.
I was glad to have it done in time to use it on this hunt.
The rack was one Chris had found after archery season(probably got shot), I thought it was a cool addition to the film

Back