• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A jukor lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlimoges

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Is this a cva lock from a jukor 45? It said Spain on the back.
101_1375.jpg

It sure looks like it, I would have to see the other side to be sure.

Hi Elmer. Forparts for Jukar / Ardesa / CVA / Traditions the only persons that I call is Deer Creek Products. 765 525 6181. We have quite a few of above brand name rifles from the 60's to 80's period that are still being used and need help. Thats were I go everytime and have always been satisfied .Give them a try.

That does have the look of the older CVA locks so it may very well be Jukar.It appears to be in good shape. As can be seen from the internal picture, those locks can always benefit from a good smoothing/polishing.

elmer: That lock is one of the old Ardesa locks that were typically found on the Jukar rifles.

The lack of a tumbler bridal and the adjustment screw give it away.

As to whether it came off of a .45 caliber gun there is no way of knowing because this lock was used for several different calibers.

Thats what you have there, could have come from an old CVA, its hard to tell they used them on quite a few guns during that period.

Bob

I have two 45s. One has Connecticut Valley Arms and made in Spain 45 cal stamped on the barrel. The other one has only Jukar stamped on it. Both have the same locks. But they are not interchangeable. There is a slight difference in the length and curve of the lock so they will not interchange. I ordered a set screw for one of them from deer creek and got it right away, good service

I think that I will get a new stock. I have a kentucky pistol with the same lock.Then it will time to go out and shoot.

Back