• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Moment of Weakness

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1000012871.jpg

Local gunstore is going out of business and giving deep discounts. Should have insisted on him opening it up, but it certainly isn't the flintlock he said it was, but I know have another 50 cal percussion rifle. It's missing the H plate for joining the stocks, but I have that and an extra pin on order. My first kit, it will be practice for the Kibler kit I hope to order soon.

Dave
1000012871.jpg

Nice to score a deal like that. A rare opportunity. Being a CVA I expect it's a 45 caliber. Don't let this one scare you away from the Kibler. The Kibler will be much easier to build than this one!

The kits and rifles that were CVA Kentuckys were all 45 caliber. Traditions makes them now and they do make a 45 and a 50.

I had a 45 for a short while and it's accuracy was very good.

You're correct, despite what the gunstore gent told me, it's a 45 caliber percussion, he was wrong all the way around.
I wish i had a new Kibler for every side lock percussion I have heard referred to as a flintlock, just because it was a sidelock. even on some 60's shows on rerun.

View attachment 354908
Local gunstore is going out of business and giving deep discounts. Should have insisted on him opening it up, but it certainly isn't the flintlock he said it was, but I know have another 50 cal percussion rifle. It's missing the H plate for joining the stocks, but I have that and an extra pin on order. My first kit, it will be practice for the Kibler kit I hope to order soon.

DaveView attachment 354908
Passed on a Tradition’s Kentucky percussion kit NIB at a post shoot auction today for $155. Just didn’t seem worth the bother for a potential $50+/- profit, but the buyer seemed happy. Deals are out there if you are patient.

Latest posts

Back