• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A not so ordinary rabbit hunt!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was my first real test of a heat treated frizzen on this gun and it passed the test but as per most production reproduction pieces the frizzen spring is to heavy!
I also recently bought some tiny glass jars with cork stoppers for pre measured measures of shot and powder. Worked well too.
Any way I got some rabbit between the showers in the grand time that is September

What was strange today was what fell out of my first rabbit as I gutted it!
Two pebble like masses fell out!

Intrigued by it I cut one open!
To my amazement they contained two dead and well preserved unborn infants! In their own sacks and completely unattached to any other organ! I have never seen this before in over 35years of rabbit hunting!

Never a dull moment in the woods.

B.

Brits is that a David Pedersoli ?

Big Rabbits too!..Love Rabbit chowder!

Your timing is everything on the unborn bunnies.

Rabbits here can have two litters per year.

INTERESTING.

Looks like some GOOD EATING to me, too.
("Chicken fried bunny" is one of my favorites.)

Fwiw, I always enjoy your hunting stories from "The Mother Country".
(While doing some more family history recently, I found out that we still have "fairly close family" in Scotland & Yorkshire.)

yours, satx

Let me explain please.
The first shot was a sitter, to my surprise I got a youngster too and I never noticed it's presence.
Shot two was similar.
Shot three escaped mortaly wounded down its hole, a shame.
Shot four occurred when I was about to prepare the gun for the journey home when a couple of pigeon dropped in near by so I moved in and found one of them. Now I could clean the gun when I got home.

B :hatsoff:

Fwiw, MOST of our family, that was resident in Yorkshire, were BANISHED quite early to "His Majesty's colonies in America", as a WORSE punishment than being beheaded.
(A few escaped capture, fled to Calais, later returned to England & some remained in the area until now.)

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
Fwiw, MOST of our family, that was resident in Yorkshire, were BANISHED quite early to "His Majesty's colonies in America", as a WORSE punishment than being beheaded.
(A few escaped capture, fled to Calais, later returned to England & some remained in the area until now.)

yours, satx

:hatsoff:

B.

Back