• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Priming Horn by Spark Mumma

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked up this priming horn made by Spark Mumma today at the Gunmakers Fair in Kempton, PA. AFAIK, he doesn't have an online presence. He charged $80 for it which I consider quite reasonable, considering the amount of time and effort he must have put into it.

spark-mumma-primer1.jpg

spark-mumma-primer2.jpg

spark-mumma-primer3.jpg

spark-mumma-primer4.jpg

Spark is an outstanding craftsman and the consummate gentleman as well. His priming horns are both functional and wonderfully decorated. I am lucky enough to have a few of his beautifully etched powder horns too. His wife Gail weaves gorgeous straps as well. Good folks.

Spark is an outstanding craftsman and the consummate gentleman as well. His priming horns are both functional and wonderfully decorated. I am lucky enough to have a few of his beautifully etched powder horns too. His wife Gail weaves gorgeous straps as well. Good folks.
I for one would love to see some pics of those horns if you should ever find time. Maybe others would too.

Gorgeous little horn. I have two priming horns almost identical made by a good friend. One has a plunger on it for depositing the prime and I wear it around my neck for matches. The other has no spout or plunger and I carry it in my possibles bag on woods outings. I love those muzzleloading accoutrements and that horn is extremely nice. For the work that went into it $80 is more than fair. Thanks for sharing and enjoy it.

I have one of his earlier little prime horns, from 93 if I remember right, and was tempted to buy another at the faire -just really nice craftsmanship and as others have said a really nice guy to talk with.

Very nice Dave! Hopefully you will be showing it off this Nov when the Woods walks start up!

Picked this one up at Dixon’s a few years back. It also has the vent pick and wrapped in rawhide.
IMG_9310.jpeg

Latest posts

Back