• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

a short happy-sad trek

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spence,

There are NEVER too many pics!! :hatsoff:

That made my day and made me hungry for some black powder times!!!

:thumbsup:
Wess

Spence, always look forward to reading your posts. Wife and I have lived in the woods here in upstate New York for 30+ years and never tire of it. Every day is a different sight, sound or critter. Had a big bobcat sneak through hunting just yesterday. Nothing like the peace of the woods. We are with you on that special primordial feeling. :hatsoff:

Dave

Spence, if only I had your gift for words. Maybe then I could explain my thoughts on the post that begat this thread. You can never post too many of your excellent pictures, or to much of your tales. I've been reading and rereading your notebook for many years, I even emailed you about it once when I'd been given the impression it was to be no more. I was overjoyed when I first found you to be an active member here. Many times after reading one of your reports (stories or tales doesn't do them justice, but report doesn't speak to their artistry) I feel like a kid after a bedtime story, the boy inside me is crying out for "just one more."

I can speak for no one else, but feel this is universal here, I have learned so much from you and been greatly entertained by you, here and in your notebook, that I can't thank you enough.

As much as I appreciate all you've done for us, I feel bad asking for more. But, I have asked this before, I am imploring you, please, please write/publish a book. Be it through Shutterfly or some such at least to start, I would love to enjoy your pictures and words even (especially?) When I can't, or don't want to, log on/plug in/tune in etc.
Many more than are here should be able to enjoy your pictures and thoughts.

Wishing you all the best.

I always look forward to your posts/treks/pics Spence. Thanks for sharing!

Spence, all of us have been blessed by you! Thanks once again for all of the wisdom, knowledge, research, and experience you have shared with us over the years. I agree--that dry-stack rock fence says way more than we'll ever know!

I think it is fair to say that Spence is to muzzeloading what Fred Bear was to archery. I never tire of reading the mans stories or looking at his pictures. He really knows how to enjoy the woods and wild places. Thanks Spence...you make me want to pick up the squirrel rifle and head to the woods even if just to sit under a big oak and smoke my pipe. Keep the stories and pictures coming and remember its still your land really...you belong there.

Back