• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A steal of a Dragoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the arbor is short, that can easily be corrected. The front sight looks like it might have been filed down to compensate, which can also be readily corrected.

If you don't want the gun anymore, let me know; I am looking to buy a gun like yours.

I found this second generation Colt dragoon from the 70s in a furniture store of all places! They had it grossly undermarked and I pounced on it. The bluing and case coloring are awesome. It is so cool to look down and see the Colt rollmarks. I have read that Colt will even letter these guns as one of their’s! It looks to be unfired...not for long
sweet find. a great Christmas present for urself

I have been looking at a lot of dragoons, both replica and originals, and they do seem to give that "look" of a barrel slightly angled upward... What do you guys think? The cylinder to barrel gap is fine. With wedge inserted nothing binds up.

I have been looking at a lot of dragoons, both replica and originals, and they do seem to give that "look" of a barrel slightly angled upward... What do you guys think? The cylinder to barrel gap is fine. With wedge inserted nothing binds up.
If the gap is consistent from top to bottom of the barrel and cylinder interface and the gap is also not excessively close or open you’ll be fine...

Back