• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A young Powder Horn Maker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son Christian has shown some interest in making horns so we had our first horn-shaping workshop today. He’s off to a good start!

Attachments

• IMG_2956.jpeg
    IMG_2956.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2958.jpeg
    IMG_2958.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2959.jpeg
    IMG_2959.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2962.jpeg
    IMG_2962.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
My son Christian has shown some interest in making horns so we had our first horn-shaping workshop today. He’s off to a good start!
That’s great! My son is 18, he loves working with his hands and is a natural. I just can’t get him interested in anything BP related. He loves to shoot and reload for the modern stuff, but won’t touch the fun stuff.

Young man is lucky to have such an impressive artisan to learn a craft from, I hope he knows it!
It is a slow process trying to introduce traditional crafts to a generation absorbed within the internet universe. So any small progress is a great accomplishment. Little by little…

We need more young people getting involved in our enterprise . It is good to see him involved. His horn is much better than the one my boy made when he was 14. I just wish my boy would have stayed local and kept involved.

Back