• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Accessories are expensive!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crowhammer said:
HA! You think the accessories are expensive, wait til you buy all the tools & supplies to make your own! My first pouch and horn cost me a couple hunred bucks! And to add insult to injury, now i'm addicted to DIY accessories and can't stop making them.

The worst part is trying to get your wife to understand. Here are some of the questions you'll soon explore...

"You need my Crisco for what?"

(While she's reading the credit card statement) "Who's Jim Chambers?"

" Why do you have so much mustard under your finger nails?"

" Why do your clothes smell like burning hair?"

" You want to do what in the bathtub?"

The list is endless... :yakyak:

Mr. Gray said:
crowhammer said:
HA! You think the accessories are expensive, wait til you buy all the tools & supplies to make your own! My first pouch and horn cost me a couple hunred bucks! And to add insult to injury, now i'm addicted to DIY accessories and can't stop making them.

The worst part is trying to get your wife to understand. Here are some of the questions you'll soon explore...

"You need my Crisco for what?"

(While she's reading the credit card statement) "Who's Jim Chambers?"

" Why do you have so much mustard under your finger nails?"

" Why do your clothes smell like burning hair?"

" You want to do what in the bathtub?"

The list is endless... :yakyak:
O howdy been there done that and still keep trying to get it past her. I know I have some home made speed loaders in sizes I do not have guns for yet. Man the accessories for them speed loaders sure add up :wink:

Hmmmm. I just got started myself this week. Bought a used rifle and all the stuff I need such as spare nipples,good ramrod,patches,capper and even a fancy flask for $347 total which I think is a heck of deal and less than I paid for just 1 Ruger Vaquero for CAS last year..

Course just getting started I havent gotten into the group buy the club does on BP and it cost me a left arm and right kidney at Bass ProShop today.

Uncle Mike said:
Muzzleloading is like duck hunting.You need (want?) a lot of stuff.I have now spent more on accessories than on my rifle.This includes but is not limited to cleaning rods,tips,jags,scrapers,brushes,flush tubes, range box,chemicals,grease,patches,powder,flint,NMLRA membership,books and manuals.A big thanks to Claude for a great Forum.I have used vendors that advertise on this forum only.Oh no I forgot to order bullets :doh: Regards ,Mike

Uncle Mike said:
Muzzleloading is like duck hunting.You need (want?) a lot of stuff.I have now spent more on accessories than on my rifle.This includes but is not limited to cleaning rods,tips,jags,scrapers,brushes,flush tubes, range box,chemicals,grease,patches,powder,flint,NMLRA membership,books and manuals.A big thanks to Claude for a great Forum.I have used vendors that advertise on this forum only.Oh no I forgot to order bullets :doh: Regards ,Mike

I got into ML-ing simple because I wanted to try a new style of hunting VS centerfire and a used T/C hawken was "cheaper" then a new bow w/ the stuff (approx $700.00 for what I wanted) NOW 4 guns later and stockpiles of stuff (dont wanna run outta powder, etc...) Im well over $1,000.00 into it and I havnt even drawn my tag yet :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Back