• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Accessories

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe all of the equipment you will need has been touched on but I have on but I have one more suggestion. After you get your rifle and equipment, try to get your wife involved in shooting your black powder rifle. If you can do this she will more than likely be receptive to your future black powder needs.

Wow, I think I'll just tell her I've become a heroin addict; that will be easier to explain. Actually, she's the best shot I ever met, but back problems allow her to shoot only small caliber. Great advice, thaks to all of you! I actually had several of these, but I'm sure I'll get out to the range and figure out what I forgot. Gotta tell you, I've been around a while, and this has been as much fun already as I've had in years. One thing bothers me; I caught myself looking at a coon skin cap the other day...

Tell her you want her to be involved in your new hobby. Then hand her the wool you bought and ask her to make you a gun case.
Nothing matches a "custom", yours only, wool case for your muzzleloader. Have her sew a piece of leather on the butt end for wrapping the fold.
Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back