• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

"advance" rifle by TVM?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Curious, I have a line on a rifle made by TVM called an Advance rifle. Any ideas what this is? I'm told it is numbered and not that many are made each year... anyone with some personal knowledge? Would it be worth canceling my Baker order I wonder? :hmm:

sorry guys, it seems a typo.. the gun is called a "Avance" and it seems made by Tom that owns TVM?

Matt Avance is a gun maker who worked for Jack Garner. I believe he has the "other' TVM now.

Ok, what is the deal here CaptDan? First you got to have a Baker as THE RIFLE, and your willing to wait a unknown timeframe to get it...

Then you are offered the chance to buy a rife you don't know squat about and you want to ditch the Baker for it?

What gives?

I mean the world is "full" of nice flintlocks if you just want to shop around. Track of the wolf has some killer rifles come through their website on a weekly basis. If you got the bug to buy something... keep an eye on Track"s site as they do allow you to look a rifle over and return it if it's not what you expected.

Cheers,

DT

David,
Your right, ”¦. My only defense is that I may suffer from
Indefatigableous-firearms-denero syndrome. This is when you desire more guns than the pocket book allows. :( Only known fix is to either win a 300 million $$ powerball, or perhaps invent a new computer working system that takes the place of microsoft. My chance at either is not good”¦ if I derail again please slap me silly”¦”¦”¦.. at least I stuck wit guns and did not drift off into buying collector dolls or something”¦.

Matt Advance is the name of the owner of Tennesse Valley Muzzleloaders, TVM. It is not an advance rifle but that is his last name. Matt builds some mighty fine rifles, I own 2 of them. They are good shooters and I really like the feel and look of them both. A person could not go wrong owning one of them. He uses top knotch parts.

captdan said:
Ok Puffer... then add to my Baker order? :v

DAN, I can PM you my OWN "wish list" or to save typing, I can give you my personalised list of the Cat.s & web sites ( they are "personalised" with "DROOL STAINS" :rotf:)

Because I suffer from the same disease you do, & like you I have yet to "HIT the BIG ONE", :haha: I have had to be selective. My MLs have been narrowed down to fit my "persona", the historical time period & geographical location + a couple to use in nov. shoots

Current "arsonal (ML)

I. WAR of 1812
A.Jaeger (flint)
B.Baker (flint)
C.Scot's pistol (flint)
D."Generic" Ken. Pistol ( flint)
II. NWC/HBC
A. Mortimer Rifle (flint)
B. " 12ga. Fowler (flint)
C. Tyron Rifle ( Percssion)
D. Mortimer Pistols ( matching Flint & Perc.)
III.Others
A.Penn.long rifle ( Perc. ( soon to be coverted to flint)
B. Hawkin

:hmm: If you do hit the "BIG ONE" I could use a TRS Baker, & a "Fergi." :haha:

Puffer

go with the tvm.
The rifle shope will break your heart.
Not that will not deliever, but they will cause you more trouble and anxiaty then you need.
just my 2 cents

oldarmy, I am not familiar with TVM, but my shooting Buddy ( Sir Michael) has a TRS Baker. It is a "Sweet" gun & the owner has been VERY responsive to any ??? he has had. Yes he is slow, but so are ALL of the "semi- Custom Mfg.s

Just my opinion

Puffer

The rifle that he is speaking of is a line that Matt started last fall. It is an "Avance" rifle. These rifles are signed and number on a limited basis. Matt is the only one that builds, carves, and engraves these. They are not TVM rifles.
These started as family and friend gifts. He carried one to a show and that's how the first one sold.These are not order rifles. They are only built built in his spare time and sold as avaiable.
Slash

Capt Dan,

Slash is one person who might help you with an in-the-white rifle or a kit gun. She is politely not tooting her own horn, but I have one of their rifles and like it very much.

Call and discuss all of the items listed in my earlier post with them.

I would not cancel the Rifle Shoppe order since your financial batteries will likely recharge by the time you receive the parts from them.

CS

Latest posts

Back