• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Advertised rate of twist

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bald Baron

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Looking at the Jaeger rifle in the Dixie catalog, I am puzzled over the ad for this rifle. The ad says it has a 1-24" twist barrel, but shoots a .530 patched round ball. Is that contrary to what works best for round balls? Am I missing something here?

I think the Kirkland family misses Turner.
Perhaps one or both of the young Kirklands decided that if they could get Pedersoli to build a Jaeger style Rifle BUT put a Sabot style barrel with a fast twist and shallow grooves on the gun, it would so rile the old man he will climb out of his grave. I also suspect that there was some doubt among them that the barrel alone would be enough to get Turner going so they decided to offer it with a Precussion Lock on it.

It will be nice to have Turner Kirkland (founder of Dixie Gun Works) back among the living.

I emailed Dixie Gun Works asking them if the specs for the jaeger were correct or a typo,and the email reply was"it has been tested and it works good".That was their complete answer,no details.Does anyone have any thoughts?

I've only had two dealings with Dixie Gun Works and unless I can't find what I need anywhere else on the planet, won't bother dealing with them anymore

Back