• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

African Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trailgunner

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone here has done any BP hunting in Africa? I understand that you can't transport BP on a plane, so you have to acquire it there somehow. Any thoughts, remarks, photos? Thanks.

There are people hunting with BP in South Africa and everything is readily available - caps, powder etc. I will let the site know when I have some firsthand experience. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers

Thanks; I had a great hunt in 2007 in the Limpopo, and for that my 1st safari I had used my .30-06. Took 4 beautiful animals with it, kudu, blue wildebeest, impala male, and a 15" warthog. All are in my trophy room now. Would possibly like to use my .50 cal. Hawken on the next trip.

i think the best thing would be to contact your safari company and see if they can source caps and powder for you in RSA. obviously this is going to require alot of correspondence back and forth to make this happen. i bowhunted in RSA a few years back and vowed to return with my .66 cal and .72 cal muzzleloaders.

Back