• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

African Plains Game Hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please send a letter to the Western Australian Firearms branch as we can no longer have a muzzle loader on open license to hunt with as they are not considered by some bureaucrat as not sufficient to do the job.
Glad you had a great time with good success and an for sharing it with us all/.

Cheers

heelerau

That gnu or black wildebeest is a beautiful animal.....didn't know they were that "good looking".

You're doing well w/ a MLer and my "hat's off to you". Not many can do what your'e doing.....Fred

Excellent adventure, mate! Very happy for ya! And those animals look wonderful!

:hmm: I bet if you show those photos around, it won't take long until some modern hunter asks "what did you Really shoot them with?"
What you did is so outside present day thinking it is bound to seem not possible to some.

And just down right cool to others (I being one :thumbsup: )

We all know that it is possible, hard, but possible. I did miss out on Hartebeest, warthog and waterbuck, but now I have a good reason to return!

Actually next trip will be for common reedbuck & bush pig as well. Oh yeah,there was no shooting from a vehicle. Everything was stalked. Fair chase & ethical. It was fun telling the others how close I was taking my shots from as well as how close I was getting to game. For example: 5 yards from Impala, 5 yards from reedbuck group, 15 yards from feeding kudu group.

Foreign language to some wealthy SCI types apparently!

My hats off to you sir.
That is outstanding and I really appreciate you sharing your photos and story with us. I hope some day I will have the opportunity to make the trip. For now I will stick with the East Texas hogs and whitetails.
Congratulations on your success.

I was certainly one of them. "Knowing" what I know of modern ballistics and what is generally taught I didn't believe a PRB could be very effective with such a poor BC and SD, as well as such little energy, beyond maybe 50 yds. It was mostly this forum and the many friendly people who showed me otherwise.

Back