• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

aim point

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know that I adjust point of aim, or aim point. I do make concessions on my follow through, depending on what gun I’m shooting. Honestly…this is hard to put into words…

Modern firearm…Once I’m on target, I squeeze the trigger, and it hits.
Percussion firearm…I’ll begin squeezing as my sights are lining up, and just covering the target. Gun goes off as target is covered, and recoil is a shove into my shoulder.
Flintlock firearm…I’ll begin squeezing as my sights are lining up, and just covering the target. Trigger trips as target is covered, I focus on maintaining a relaxed hold…as the gun goes off, I focus on front sight and hold. Then the gun recoils into shoulder.

I have noted that my normal flintlock shooting follow-through has made me a much better marksman, when shooting either Percussion or Modern firearms.

The only time I take aim point into account is when I’m adjusting for distance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back