• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Aim small, miss small?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rebel727 said:
Even when bullseye shooting I want the bullet going where the sight is. I want to hit the center of the bull not just hit the bull "somewhere".
Well, IMO, there's nothing quite as repetitively accurate as the 6 o'clock hold, the so called 'lollipop' hold...because there's only one precise spot exactly at 6 o'clock where you can have consistent, precise, sight alignment every time.

The accuracy from a group size point of view will be better (smaller) than the same shooter/rifle can do with a center hold on the bull because the center hold is a less precise[url] POA...again[/url], speaking from a competitiors point of view...they will shoot tighter groups with a 6 o'clock hold.

The problem for me using a lollipop hold while hunting is that the distances are constantly different (not fixed & known like a target range)...and there are no 3" - 6" black bullseyes painted on the side of a deer, squirrel, etc...so for me it's easier...and precise enough...to use a center hold on game

Last edited by a moderator:
The only 6 o'clock shooting I ever done was with a shotgun, and that was so I could see the whole bird and watch that little orange saucer turn into a little black puff! :rotf:

..... In response to everyone , good thing Im heading for the hospital again....Did this one really get off track or what?, wasnt it about Mel and kids trying to rescue a brother?? Since it went off track, Ive seen some knife fights, and been in a few (working bars) but if someone came in swinging a Hawk like that at me Id be a running.... :rotf: and ya Ive been shot a few times too. Fred :hatsoff:

Back