• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

alternative to Iron Sights

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisvello353

32 Cal
Reaction score
I am 85 and I have macular degeneration in both eyes but my right eye is the best I have no trouble with scope crosshairs but I was wondering about a peep sight or red dot sight for my 2 Hawkins 45 and 50 caliber Is there a good peep sight that won't brake the bank I know the price of a red dot but how to attach it is another story

I am 85 and I have macular degeneration in both eyes but my right eye is the best I have no trouble with scope crosshairs but I was wondering about a peep sight or red dot sight for my 2 Hawkins 45 and 50 caliber Is there a good peep sight that won't brake the bank I know the price of a red dot but how to attach it is another story

A good gunsmith can attach a red dot for you.

You can get a Williams peep sight that mounts on the tang for around 85 bucks direct from Williams Gunsights Co.

You can also get it withh easier to usee target adjusting knobs for about 10 bucks more.

Back