• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

another gpr

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weasel

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just installed a lpr lock on my lyman great plains rifle the $119.00 dollar price tag worried me a little but it was the best money I ever spent. Using 3/4" english flints .530 hornady swaged round balls ox yoke .018 ticking goex 2f powder and goex 4f primimg powder my first three shot group measured ".971" Ignition was extremely fast with priming pan half full. although it shot 2 in. low I filed the sight down .040 and brought it up to center with one flyer "my fault". I plan on a hawg hunt later this year and this will be my primary rifle. After cleanig the rifle I took Birchwood Casey super blue and did all cast surfaces of the lock it turned them black and really looks good with the iron hardware.
keep yer powder dry weasel

I fergot to mention I also drilled the touch hole out to .065 and center drilled it deeper honing the trigger helped also. I plan on challenging my youngest son this weekend to a shootin match He usually outshoots me.
weasel

Back