• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another rookie takes the plunge....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flehto, thanks for the post on your most excellent - looking clamp. hope you don't mind if I copy the design for my own use.

:thumbsup: :hatsoff:

flehto said:
I used hot rolled steel 1/8" thick X 1" wide. Bought it at the local hardware store and it was bent cold....could have been 3/4" wide or whatever works....Fred

Flehto, thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Jamie

The best advice given to me by the Gentleman who mentored me on my first build was, "Measure, mark, repeat, at least 3 or 4 times or until the marks are in the same place twice, then cut!" Think it through and don't get in a rush. Use sharp chisels (my biggest problem!)

The Barrel just takes time, its a slow painful process! Have fun and The best of luck to you

I'm just about done with my 4th one from a Blank coming along nice but by no means perfect but I enjoy shooting them and taking game with rifles that are one of a kind.

Latest posts

Back