• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

ANOTHER Shooting/Possibles bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YoungGunner

36 Cal.
Reaction score
So I'm still not quite sure what the difference between a shooting bag and a possibles bag are, but here's my very first leather project, Black dyed elk leather 9" wide x 1 1/2" deep x 12" tall. I didnt know what to do with the front flap, whether or not to sew some beads into it or if I wanted to just put a button there, but ended up finding a tanned badger face at a leather shop for 10 bucks and Right then and there I knew EXACTLY what I was going to decorate my bag with! Only problem I have with it is that the shoulder strap is only a smidge over an inch wide and is comfortable for the first 3-4 hours but ends up REALLY digging into my neck/shoulder after that.
mail

It keeps pulling up Gmail... have you tried uploading the picture to Photobucket? That's what most people use for here, works pretty well from what I've seen. :thumbsup:

I'm still not quite sure what the difference between a shooting bag and a possibles bag are
A shooting/hunting bag or pouch is used to carry the supplies you need to shoot your gun. Historically a small knife, flint & steel, char, and maybe a bullet mould were carried in or on the shooting pouch and it's strap. Historically they were also called: shot pouch, ball bag, and bullet bag in various spellings - all names for the basic shooter's bag of gun supplies carried on one's person.
A possibles bag was and (still is) the much larger bag used to carry ones extra clothes, moccasins, and sundries, no needed to be carried on one's person.

Well done Younggunner! In the south we call them things huntin pouches. :haha:

Latest posts

Back