• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

any 4 bore shooters out there?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think blue grouse i where this 4 bore is from originaly. I will call them

thank you

You know I live in eastern kansas, When I get this thing ready to go....missouri ain't that far away.

The last owner of[url] Octobercountry.com[/url] used to be a good contact for BIG bore guns. Not sure if the new owner can help you but it might be worth a try. Also Bruce from Blue Grouse has a link with all kinds of information. He will respond to emails. My first Deer Creek Underhammer was purchased through him.

Last edited by a moderator:
whitetrash078,

Buy the mold from Tanner, get one about......depends on how deep the rifling is.

Probably about .010 under the bore size.

Then short start it in a kids sock, cut the end off and.............. :rotf:

Titled 4 bore
[url] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElmlIyOtf1Q&search=rifle shoot military gun[/url]

Clutch

Last edited by a moderator:
4 bores are only nasty if you want them to be. Admittedly the bore length on my Handgonnes Design's Siege Breaker, 4-bore Jupiter Model is in the pistol range, but its a 4 bore no the less. I am using a .995" wheel weight lead ball with 110 Grains of th "P" stuff.

110 Grains of th "P" stuff.

The Target Watch for the smoke trail to follow the ball.

BTB, I stand 5'11" and weigh 270 pounds at the time.

grin.gif

CP

I tracked down the origin of that four bore video, its from a website that specializes in side by side guns. The one in the video must have been an elephant gun.

CP

Welllll, you probably will get a kick out of this. I clean the powder chamber with a shotgun brush. And the bore is scrubbed with a section of scrounge pad on the threaded end of a toilet plunger handle. :redface: Hey, it does the job! The threads act as a jag.

But, if you want a real live Jag, I'm sure Powderkeg could turn one for you. Its on my to-do list to ask him.

As for a brush, a one inch bronze flue brush should suffice.

Then there the need for a worm, which I'm working on.

CP

One wonders if the old fella had any sense knocked into him for standing that close to the guy pulling the trigger?

Are these yours? If so, please tell us what the sizes are and if possible who made them.

CP

The little one is on a ramrod for a .40 cal. The medium one apears to be for a .62 and the big one is for the wall gun. The wall guns actually is a combo worm/ball puller like this one

IMG_1659.jpg

These are ones that I have made. :v

gmww said:
Hiya White. Try PM'ing BS or Volapluvia. They shoot them big guns.

Here is a link where Volapulvia posted a picture of his gun.

BBBBIGGGG Hawkens.
IMG_0279.jpg

Wow! Me want big gun. Maybe it hurt shoulder but it sure to scare away girly men at range. Too bad Woolly Mammoth no longer round. :grin:

Seriously if it came in a few sizes smaller I'd really want one

Whitetrash,

Contact Jim Gefroh in Ft. Collins Colorado. He manufactures English and Jaeger style four and eight bore rifles of VERY high quality. He can either help you with a rifle or help you with any of the accesories you might need to feed such a beast. He built my eight bore and is a heck of a nice guy willing to help anyone else who is enthused about big elephant thumpers regardless of who made the weapon. His email address is [email protected] .

As an aside, 200 grains is well below the standard 10 dram (273 grain) load for eight bores...much less the big 1"+ rifles. I am certainly not billing myself as recoil tolerant but in my 16 pound eight bore, the 200 grain load is really pretty light. 273 rocks me back on one foot but 200 is more pleasant than my .416 Rem off the bench...and it has a recoil pad.

JMHO,

John

Sala'am Alekum, Whitetrash!

La'a! Arabi....mish mumkin hina! Mafish! Hallas! :)

I have been here a little under two years now and can argue with cab drivers and shop keepers over prices but that's about the extent of my Arabic (beyond the mandatory 40 or 50 greetings that Egyptians use all at once). Where did you pick up your Arabic?

Let us know how things go with the four bore.

Best,

John

La mushkilah, I learned my Arabic in Al Kahira, My Arabic is argueing prices, and cab fare as well as the 40-50 greetings. I lived in Giza for a year right across the big drainage ditch from Felfela on Tariq Maryoutya. It sure is a different world isn't it? Are you at AUC?

I will let you know how the 4 bore goes, talk to you later Ma salama.

Back