• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any central KY rifle makers/blacksmiths out there?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billholmes

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Morning all, I am wondering if there are any builders around the Campbellsville, Elizabethtown, Lexington, KY area who could take on a small project. Earlier I had asked if anyone knew where to find Cochran lock parts and I have hit a wall. All leads were to a deadend. So, I wonder if there's anyone who can make me a good one if I sent the original. Or I am considering just buying a new lock altogether but I know it will require a tad of inletting. I dont have the tools or expertise to do that. I would not mind having a butt plate made for this gun as well. If anyone around my area can do this stuff and has some time to get at it before deer season, I'm all ears. Thanks

There is afellow named Gary Tucker in Georgetown (about 10 minutes from Lexington) who builds some very nice rifles. I've never met him but have seen his work. I don't know if he would take on this project but it is worth a try. His contact information is available on the Contemporary Longrifle Association website. Look under artisans. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back