• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any of you hunt on Christmas?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can and have but generally being a family day full of good food, its tough to get up and out there. :haha: I already decided to give them a pass tomorrow but they'll be back in trouble the 26th...

Yes, but the weather is not cooperating here in Texas - amazing couldn't get a drop of rain in Texas for the longest time - now it is raining alot lately - hope the quail numbers rebound but would have liked to be out hunting tomorrow - but I am already a bit under the weather and sitting in the rain would probably not help much

Between work and hunting,I've been up about 4:00 AM every morning for the past three weeks.It's supposed to rain here in the morning, so I'm sleeping in till 6:00.All my Christmas stuff is done so I'll hunt tomorrow afternoon. :thumbsup:

I always like to go on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. I made the Thanksgiving Day hunt but won't be going in the morning. :bull: I got to get things put away and locked down heading back out of town back to work Monday morning :shake: Just as well the deer are spooked around these parts anyway.The loggers are starting to cut timber off of the land we just bought,I'll be glad when they are done it should make for some fine hunting then. :thumbsup: Good Luck to all of those who do go tomorrow.

Have hunted some past Christmas afternoons...but not when it falls on a Sunday...no Sunday gun hunting here in NC.

Yeah, would love to go but to many family members that just wouldn't understand :grin: And I do enjoy spending time with all the family this time of year but come next week it's on.

Just fixin to step out the door right now. Its a slow drizzle but Im not gonna stay but a couple hours. Got the family thing the rest of the day :thumbsup:

Hunted yesterday most of the day and will hunt a little later in the day today,Wife has to work today (ICU nurse) she's off tomorrow so we'll do Christmas stuff then but today is my Day :thumbsup:

Never hunted on Christmas day before.
However since we have a few deer around the house, thought I would load up my CVA 50 CAL. Mountain Stalker with 80 gr. of BP with a 250 gr REAL bullet. It is leaning against the wall at the back door, just in case.
Should bring the meat home.

I've hunted Christms Day a few times. Rabbit hunting with trad. bow and arrow. But there hasn't been any rabbits around here behind the house for the last 3 or 4 yrs. Predetors have done a job on the rabbit, ruffed grouse and gray squirrel population.

Well my idea of huntin in this "drizzle" sure went down the tubes. Slipped in the stand behind the house an was'nt in it five min an here comes the downpour. Oh well I didnt want to stay but five min anyway :shake:

Not me. Deer season is done till next year where I hunt anyway. Just squirrels, bunnies, and coyote going on. I`ll be making up for lost time though as I`m off work now till March.

Back in the days when the kids were young and we were raising and training beagles, a midday hunt for snowshoe hare was the annual Christmas tradition. On days when the weather didn't cooperate we'd make the last two legal hours of the day in a duck blind. Good all around family fun. Beagles are gone and the kids have grown and gone, so new traditions are emerging at their homes with the grandkids. And that's good too!

Few years ago I called my hunting buddy and told him I need his help and we were going hunting on xmas day. Cause the wife wanted to paint the kitchen, and I had to help unless I was going hunting. Told my buddy it didn't matter if we just sat under tree and shot the BS, I just don't like to paint. Yesterday he was over and went turkey hunting. Since no birds lost their lives, we spent the rest of the day at the indoor achery range. When he left, I gave him some home brew beer, and told him to see if he can get his wife drunk and get a xmas present.

I hunt on Christmas unless the weather is real bad or it falls on Sunday. No Sunday hunting allowed where I live. Larry Wv

No but I'm sure to do some shooting with the new Uberti 3rd model Dragoon my wife bought for me! The critters will be in trouble next week though.

me and my dad just got home a little bit ago. we always hunt on thanksgiving and christmas. actually this thanksgiving my dad got a turkey with his bow. when we got home my mom said if you think im cooking two turkeys today your crazy. so i put it in the smoker the next day.

Back