• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any of you hunt on Christmas?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't hunt on Sundays or Christmas. It is just a personal decision I made years ago and have stuck with it all of my life. Now thanksgiving, that is another story as I grew up hunting pheasants and rabbits every Thanksgiving morning. :idunno:

I just can't bring myself to kill anything on the day that our Savior was born. It's a personal thing for me. I have nothing against it if someone else wants to hunt on Christmas day.

Outdoorman

Once back when I was a kid, (high school)I shot a deer and dad and I hung it in the tree by the house (Dec 24th). All the little kids in the neighborhood came running over. Dad told them it was one of santa's reindeer. Couple kids ran home crying and mother got a nasty phone call from an upset mother. Dad and I eat at the pool hall that afternoon. As dad said there was no way we were going to get anything at home until mother calmed down. When you are 80 years old and sitting around the coffee table down town you have to have some stories to tell. Those who never did anything in their youth have to just sit there and listen. I have my share of stories and some of yours too.

Here in Illinois we can't hunt deer on Christmas, unless it's with bow. But if I could I would. Christmas day I was chopping wood with my 5 year old along. I suppose if deer season was open I'd dress him in blaze orange and sneek into the deer woods.

I hunted the evening, and was fortunate enough to take a young doe. Unfortunatly is was not with my ML. but one of those modern cf rifles we do not discuss on this forum :grin:

For many years, I would grab a gun & go for a walk for an hour or so in the woods on Christmas afternoon. Carrying the gun was more of an "excuse" to be out there. I was really out there just to spend some quiet time reflecting on good times & what the good Lord has provided us with. I never did kill anything during that walk.

I killed my third doe Christmas evening so I'm done until next year. Just gonna carry the boy out for some scouts now.

Back