• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Any Piettas to avoid

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the past year, I bought two Pietta 1858 steel Remmies from Cabelas. Can't find a single fault with either of them. Both were on sale when I bought them. I think the first one was $179...which is a steal for the quality of that gun.

My advice is keep an eye on Cabelas and wait for a sale. You'll get a new, high quality revolver with no question marks for only a little more than what you're looking to pay used.

And while you are at it read the Cabelas return policy on black powder guns which is stated as no returns.

DGW return policy is pretty much just send it on back.

Personally I don't think I would ever buy a gun from an auction or a person I didn't know sight unseen. Unless I was able to return it if it wasn't what it was advertised to be. I have bought guns (Cap &Ball) at gun shows, local gun shops and a couple from reputatable vendors. I have bought everything from derringers to muskets. from 50 bucks to a grand. My last pistol purchase was from Cabelas'. It was a Pietta 1851 with lazer engraving, and white composite pistol grips. It's currently listed for 349.99 but on sale for 299.99. I boutght it with all the discounts i coulde get for 200 bucks. It's a great gun. Would I buy another Pietta you bet.

I have an 1851 Italian brass framed revolver that is at least 30 years old. It only says FIE on the barrel. Is FIE the importer and Pietta the manufacturer?

I have bought 5 Piettas from Cabellas. One arrived with a loose wedge pin. I didn't shoot it and they replaced it with no questions. Dixie is also a fine company as is The Possibles Shop.

Back