• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Anyone get a Pietta G&G Clone from this most recent batch?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the revolver arrived and it is exactly what I hoped it would be. So the stock photo on Midway is just wrong. So a couple table top observations. First as soon as you get a new cap and ball, Completely disassemble it and take some small fine files and deburr the frame, thoroughly clean and relube EVERYTHING. This one was full of some kind of grit. I don't know if they just didn't clean parts when fitting and the shavings got caught up in the lube they use, Whatever it is its not good for the action. ESPECIALLY in a brass frame. Whatever preservative they put on the revolver tarnished the brass. Glad to see the brass was well on its way to having that patina, haha.. I cleaned it up with some oil and fine steel wool. The main spring (hammer) was covered in RUST. I had to clean it up with fine Emory cloth. But all in all, I'm very happy with it. She has good bones and I can sort her out. The timing is spot on and it locks up tight, and the arbor length is perfect. Lastly, what in the world was Piettta thinking with these ATROCIOUS brown plastic grips that don't even fit the frame well? That's ok I have a one piece unfinished walnut grip on the way.
KIMG0807.jpg
KIMG0809.jpg
KIMG0811.jpg
KIMG0810.jpg
KIMG0808.jpg

Midway had them listed at $250 two weeks or so ago when I ordered the one I posted upthread.

They also have the .44 version for those who were wondering if they are still made.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016348313?pid=329036
Yep, 250 is what this one was also. Way better than the gougers were listing them at on Gun Broker back when everyone was out of stock.
I think a .36call is max for me in a brass frame. Any .44 of mine will be steel.

Mine didn't have any tarnish or anything like that, but I haven't disassembled it yet. The action does feel a bit gritty, though. I'm OK with the grips, as I plan to eventually modify them to have the correct angle.

Ok, just wondering. I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" didn't know they had free shipping. Just the tax, not bad.
Thanks for the heads up.
You're welcome. Post up some pics when you get yours. I would like to see if mine was just the one in the bottom of the shipping container sitting in the salt water. :D

Watch your order, I just went back and checked mine again and I never noticed they charged me shipping. No big deal though I went on live chat and they refunded the shipping charges.
I just checked it. I think it's the promotional discount that took care of the shipping. Unlike EMF, they want $51 to ship.

Latest posts

Back